Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rich_A Quote
Just remember that no one else will see the correct colors unless they too have Firefox's ICC support enabled. It's a much better solution to save the images in sRGB format so that they are correct in a "default" browser mode like 99% of people will have. If you're just using Firefox to preview images then ignore my comment but it sounds like you're uploading them for others to view.
Actually, the big issue I find is that with my monitor profiled, photos only appear odd in my browsers (with color management off). On other non-profiled computers, the photos usually appear ok.

However, I still find it annoying that the latest Firefox does not use icc v4 profiles, and I end up having to go back to a pre 3.5 version of Firefox or Safari.

10-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PrimeObjectif Quote
My god. What a difference. You are my hero!

Thank you, everyone for your suggestions. Once I turned on ICC support, it made my images look just as they do when I'm editing them or browsing on my computer.
It's pointless though, if you're displaying ont he web no one else other than photography geeks that know what ICC is will see what you see.

IMHO the entire colour management industry is a giant house of cards, it's only really needed for people who print on a completely colour managed system including monitor and printer.