Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2009, 07:18 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Faststone stripping EXIF that prevents posting to PPG

I decided I'd give PPG a go with a few of my photos. I've been running into a roadblock though, because they say my EXIF data has been stripped. I've been using FastStone and when I open up the converted image with Faststone, its shows no less EXIF than I see on a RAW.I'm guessing that Faststone doesn't carry over some Pentax specific information that it doesn't realize is there.

Have any other FastStone users noticed this and find a way to fix it? I looked, but couldn't find any settings to change.

Now that I understand what output different functions do, maybe I'll have to reinstall the software provided by Pentax. When I was starting out, it was so difficult to figure out how to do what I wanted with that. To me, FastStone was much more user friendly starting out.

10-30-2009, 07:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Yeah, someone here also turned me on to FastStone and I use it before loading to flickr. But I am much less of a freak about that sort of thing so I have really added nothing to this discussion. Have I?
10-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

so PPG won't accept film derived images?
10-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
They'll take film shots if you state that's what they are, which must skip the EXIF requirement. I could get entries through that way, but I'd rather not lie about the source