Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
[SOLD] One Day Only! Pentax K-7 with DA 18-55mm WR Lens and Many Extras, All Origi (U

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

*MOVED TO EBAY! Please click here for eBay auction*

Item for Sale
Pentax K-7 with DA 18-55mm WR Lens and Many Extras, All Original Packaging!!!

Asking Price
$899.99

Item Location
Williston, VT

Item Description
Up for auction is a Pentax K-7 DSLR camera that's less than a year old. It's in perfect shape, clean, and has never had any problems. The original manufacturer's warranty is still good until December. Originally purchased through amazon.com. Included in this auction are the following:
  • All original packaging, documentation, software, etc.
  • Pentax K-7 DSLR body, ultra clean and in outstanding condition
  • Pentax DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR lens, no scratches or marks, perfect condition
  • Lens hood for DA 18-55mm lens
  • Front and rear lens caps for DA 18-55mm lens
  • Original D-LI90 lithium ion battery, good for over 900 pictures on a single charge
  • Battery charger and A/C cord for D-LI90 battery
  • Pentax neck strap, never used
  • USB cable, never used
  • A/V cable, never used
  • Lens mount cap for camera body

In addition, I'll include the following extra items in this auction which aren't normally included with the kit:
  • Patriot LX Series 8GB Class 10 SDHC card
  • Targus UV filter
  • Targus Circular Polarizer filter
  • Pentax F wireless infrared shutter remote
  • Wired shutter remote with locking switch
  • focusingscreen.com K-3 split-prism focusing screen (for better manual focusing, huge value-add)

The only blemish with this kit is the missing UPC code that I cut out from the original box. I needed it to claim a manufacturer's rebate back when I first bought the camera. Everything else is intact, original, and in excellent condition. All of these items are displayed in the photo, except the new focusing screen which is already installed in the camera body.

I'll be listing this item on eBay tomorrow evening (October 9, 6:30pm PDT). Once it's listed, it will no longer be available through the marketplace.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Free!

Shipping Services
USPS Parcel Post or Canada Post (depending on buyer's location), faster shipping extra

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
FREE SHIPPING in US and Canada!!!
Guaranteed no import duty or taxes within the US and Canada!!!

Attached Images

Last edited by GoremanX; 10-10-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: moved to eBay
10-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 47 (100%)
But wait, there's more! Act now and read the PM I just sent you! Operators are standing by!
But seriously, check your PM's
Larry
10-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Time's Up!

Sorry guys, the eBay listing has started:

Last edited by Nass; 10-09-2010 at 09:43 PM.
10-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
Hi Frank -

I think you are supposed to wait a week before linking to eBay auctions. The Marketplace is for buying and selling, not just to advertise eBay sales.

Anyway, good luck.

10-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good call, I forgot about that. Seems kinda pointless since I won't be interrupting the auction for any sales here, it didn't generate any interest here at all.
10-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
I won't be interrupting the auction for any sales here, it didn't generate any interest here at all.
So why not just close this sales thread?
10-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
because despite there not being a link to the auction here, this listing has actually drawn a few bidders on eBay

10-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 52 (100%)
because despite there not being a link to the auction here, this listing has actually drawn a few bidders on eBay
Did they tell you, or do you already know their eBay names?
10-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
They told me. There were a few who were curious why I offered shipping to Canada here and not on eBay (answer: I screwed up when I made the eBay listing and now it won't let me fix it)
10-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
You can individually add names from interested bidders to your auctions, which will override the restrictions on selling to countries you set beforehand
10-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Actually I have no shipping restrictions set. I can still edit those. But in the auction, it says "Ships to: United States" and it doesn't mention Canada at all. I had to add it to the description. This means the auction doesn't show up at eBay.ca (which sucks). And that aspect of it I can't seem to be able to change. I would've had to add the "International Shipping" options in the shipping preferences before the auction began.
10-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Ah i see... Shame !

Then again, i've had auctions where i've set UK only, and of course, like you say , they dont show up on worldwide ebay searches, but some people actually google different countries Ebay sites, and browse that site directly, and have messaged me thru Ebay to ask if they can bid, and i check postal prices and say yes or no, and if yes, add their name.

Not quite as good as worldwide listing, i grant you but, just gotta sit an wait to see if you get any interested parties sending you messages
10-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No worries there, there's already 9 bidders duking it out to the tune of $411. The auction's not even a day old! I love selling stuff on eBay, the early bidders amuse me, and the late snipers make me rich
10-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
Where's the ebay link? We can let this one slide, but please clearly indicate in the first post that this has been moved to ebay (and post the link).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-10-2010, 06:05 PM   #15
Veteran Member

No worries there, there's already 9 bidders duking it out to the tune of $411. The auction's not even a day old! I love selling stuff on eBay, the early bidders amuse me, and the late snipers make me rich

Agree - its like watching a bad comedy these days. After 8 years on Ebay, its lost a lot of its early " garage sale " appeal.

It used to be novel, watching the snipers come in during the early days, now its the norm, and frankly, quite sad. All the new snipers think they may get a bargain, cos there's an hour left and only one bid of £1.

Then out of the woodwork come the tired old mob who still think sniping is being clever. Its all so predictable now, but for sellers, its praise be to hendrix for them people driving up the prices with their
" someone's bidding against me !! .. must have it " bid fever antics.

Not so good for other buyers though