Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Boat at the sea ...
Lens: DA 18-55mm WR Camera: Pentax K-30 Photo Location: Isla de Cardón, Nicaragua. ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F11 

I know that the boat is perhaps not seen on the correct direction, but I would like that your critics full focus on my bw postprocessing. In order to get contrast on the sea I burned the sky, but I couldn't done differently ... Help me to improve my bw seeing ...

09-20-2014, 05:32 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just a simple lose most of the sky that helps pull the boat off the center line and gets rid of the bland sky. then remove some of the high lights around the boat' It is to busy there . Just my Humble opinion . Here is a sample I hope you do not mind I only spent a couple of min. on this
Attached Images

09-20-2014, 09:34 PM   #3

As far as the B&W processing it looks great. The contrast you created makes the waves look awesome and, thus, it really pulls the boat out of the water. However, I agree with Patrick9 on the crop, as it helps to pull the boat out that much more.
09-21-2014, 12:10 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Just a simple lose most of the sky that helps pull the boat off the center line and gets rid of the bland sky. then remove some of the high lights around the boat' It is to busy there . Just my Humble opinion . Here is a sample I hope you do not mind I only spent a couple of min. on this
I also agree with partick9, it is a good idea to crop and get rid of the white sky and in fact, as says, jdblodgett, it gives more strenght to the pushing out of the boat by the sea ...

QuoteOriginally posted by jgblodgett Quote
As far as the B&W processing it looks great.
Thanks for your comments and help ...