Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2015, 01:08 AM   #1

Night photography with out a tripod
Photo Location: bellevue washington ISO: 50 

I was out long boarding the other night with my camera for what ever reason. This was the best shot I could manage without a tripod. Does anyone think its any good or do I really need to stick with using a tripod?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/127287074@N05/16731177815 incase the above link didnt work

Last edited by Greenneck; 10-15-2016 at 09:46 AM.
03-06-2015, 01:41 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
it is always better to have some kind of support, I did not have a tripod but I used balcony to rest camera on.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
03-08-2015, 07:52 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Greenneck Quote
I was out long boarding the other night with my camera for what ever reason. This was the best shot I could manage without a tripod. Does anyone think its any good or do I really need to stick with using a tripod?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/127287074@N05/16731177815 incase the above link didnt work
Yes, as much as possible, you should use a tripod at night.
Some of the major advantages are: Less blurry shots, less noisy photos, ability to get a longer exposure and an overall better exposed image.
But if you don't have a tripod at the moment, like i_trax said, it would be better to use some sort of support like a ledge. The image below was taken without a tripod, but rested on a ledge. Makes much of a difference compared to doing it handheld