Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2015, 02:04 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
steeplechase
Lens: Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Camera: Pentax K5 Photo Location: Velenje; Slovenia ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F2.8 

20th International Athletics Meeting; Velenje 2015

Name:  8-1.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  271.3 KB

07-07-2015, 07:09 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good action shot. Great focus on the lass out in front, a clear winner. Just a shame about the missing hand on the right. 8/10
07-07-2015, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I did not notice out of focus hand because the face and the whole body was the first to catch the attention.
07-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I think the bright background fence is a distraction. The runners would look better on a darker background. Changing that fence might be as simple as darkening the highlights but you might have to resort to using a brush to mask the fence to avoid changing foreground highlights too much.

The first 2 replies above are discussing different hands. #40's left hand is slightly blurred; I don't think that's a problem for this image but could be depth of field or motion blur. #50's left hand is chopped off. She's mostly in frame except for a tiny portion of her hand. That doesn't bug me either because the focus is clearly on #40.

10-19-2015, 04:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
DeadJohn,thank you for your attention and constructive opinion.
12-02-2015, 07:33 AM   #6

At first, I looked at "40" as she was the most in focus but my eyes were constantly drawn to the right and only because of that I noticed the hand. I keep asking why I keep being pulled to the right and I think it is the drama in "50." There is the story for me. Her eyes are closed... Is she falling? Has she lost hope of winning? All the others are in the race and "40" is going to win but it's "50" that tells me this race is over.