Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-23-2016, 08:14 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting photo of some Cacti.
Lens: Nikon 35~80mm 1:4~5.6D Camera: Nikon D70 Photo Location: Sherwood Forest ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F5.6 

I tried to use different angles to shoot this plant, and this is I believe the best from my perspective. Unfortunately, my Nikon D70 could not handle the red very well, resulting in a washed out look. Thanks for looking and please feel free to offer any comments/suggestions.

Rgds

Antonio

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D70  Photo 

Last edited by Tonytee; 05-23-2016 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Grammar Correction
05-23-2016, 08:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yep, interesting.
05-23-2016, 10:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice flow to the image, I think the muted, contrasting colours work well and don't balst your eyes. I also enjoy the clean crisp lines. Overall makes it a very interesting, eye catching, image to look at
05-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Murra54 Quote
Nice flow to the image, I think the muted, contrasting colours work well and don't balst your eyes. I also enjoy the clean crisp lines. Overall makes it a very interesting, eye catching, image to look at
Thank you both very much. I lost some sharpness, but when working on noise, it is to be expected.

Regards,

Antonio

05-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Thank you both very much. I lost some sharpness, but when working on noise, it is to be expected.

Regards,

Antonio
I've always liked cactus & euphorbia shots, they make such artistic images. The flow of the leaves, the shadows and color gradation are all really nice. If you jacked up the whiteness somewhat, would that make much difference? When my wife drags me to Arizona to see her family, I usually slip away over to the botanic gardens which have all kinds of interesting cacti. I've attached a couple of shots.

~ Go Blithely...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
05-30-2016, 06:07 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Absolutely wonderful black and white photographs. I agree with you in that desert vegetation is really awesome. Thanks for your comment and the photographs.

Rgds,

Antonio
05-31-2016, 05:22 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like this a lot. Good colours and sharp precisely where needed.

05-31-2016, 03:54 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
I like this a lot. Good colours and sharp precisely where needed.
Many thanks.

Antonio
05-31-2016, 04:11 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Unfortunately, my Nikon D70 could not handle the red very well, resulting in a washed out look
Well this is the critique section, so my suggestion for getting richer reds is to use a Pentax camera.

I find it interesting that some people don't like bright red, even when that is the true hue. And not just within PentaxForums, either, both sexes tend to have an emotional reaction to the colour red, whereas women can have an emotional reaction to any colour (black and white don't count as colours.)
05-31-2016, 04:43 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Well this is the critique section, so my suggestion for getting richer reds is to use a Pentax camera.

I find it interesting that some people don't like bright red, even when that is the true hue. And not just within PentaxForums, either, both sexes tend to have an emotional reaction to the colour red, whereas women can have an emotional reaction to any colour (black and white don't count as colours.)
Thanks for your comment. I also use a Pentax K100D Super camera with the 18~55mm kit lens. There are times when this equipment has issues with the red channel. Red has always been a type of problem child for all the DSLRs manufactured around the mid 2000s. In fact, I can recall times when even in my film days where red was a problem. I also agree with your comment regarding reactions to the color red. I think too much is made about having to have great detail in every petal. The truth is, you shoot so many red roses and after some time, the reality is that not all red roses are created equal. Some have very little to no detail while others have an abundance of detail. Anyway, thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated.

Rgds,

Antonio