Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2015, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gmans Quote
Don't wait too long to post, very interested in your take on the west OZ adventure.
well, the post was about long exposures.. so here are a couple of them.
feel free to comment...

I'll post a link to the other pictures, for those interested, once done. I have too many of them :-)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
08-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
just three more..
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
08-24-2015, 10:45 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Edit: In response to Southlander...

Yes the Four Day Ghan runs Darwin to Adelaide... and yes, the Chancer is a nice drop. Might just have to take you up on the offer.(Thank you)

We're (hopefully) going to spend a few days in Darwin and Adelaide as well as go into Alice Springs, drive down to "the rock" and spend a few days exploring around Yulara. It was far too stinkin' hot the last time we were there and I'd like to take my time walking around it rather than rushing to get back to the car before the heat became distinctly unpleasant.

I'm much more familiar with the Vancouver area... and Seattle is a three hour drive south of here (+/- time spent crossing the border)...we head down to Seattle a few times a year.

The float plane from Lake Union (you can get some shots of the planes circling in to land with the Space Needle behind them) to Victoria would be a nice trip as would the ferry from Seattle if the weather is below VFR limits ( Victoria Clipper Ferry Schedules & Fares | Seattle-Victoria BC Ferry ) The float plane (and ferry) puts you into the harbour right in downtown Victoria (We flew from Pitt Meadows to Victoria last year) where you can go and have lunch at either the Empress Hotel or the Flying Otter Grill ( The Flying Otter Grill - Victoria, BC )

As for Victoria... it depends what your interests are. If you like flowers and plants, The Butchart Gardens | Victoria BC Attractions | National Historic Site of Canada

If you like old military forts... Parks Canada - Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites of Canada - Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites

Natural History? Royal BC Museum

If you like airplanes, what am I saying?!? Who doesn't ?!?! There's, of course the Victoria Harbour with all sorts of aircraft on floats, and a nice little aviation museum up by the Victoria Airport ( British Columbia Aviation Museum )

The grounds of Royal Roads ( Royal Roads University | Victoria, BC | Home ) are quite nice... I spent some time there when it still a military college.

There's a nice walk around the harbour (if the weather is good) with a few places to stop for lunch and/or a drop of the local brew.... and Chinatown is quite interesting... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinatown,_Victoria

Fire me a PM if you have some specific questions... I have family over in Victoria....

Last edited by CP140; 08-24-2015 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Hit wrong darn "button"
08-24-2015, 11:51 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CP140 Quote
Edit: In response to Southlander...
Thank you for the prompt response. That gives me a few options to plan around, especially if I have to work around any adverse weather.

It will be starting to warm up in central Australia by October, somewhere between warm (mid 80's F) and hot (might see the odd 100F days by then), but not yet stinking filthy hot (eg 110F+) for days on end. The mornings should be pretty good for walking about, then find some shade to enjoy your Chancers in the afternoon. Sunhat, water bottle, and sunburn cream recommended!

Will be more pleasant down south. October is mid-spring, and a pretty good month in Adelaide. Roses will be in their spring blush by the middle of the month.

09-12-2015, 03:00 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Thank you for the prompt response. That gives me a few options to plan around, especially if I have to work around any adverse weather.

It will be starting to warm up in central Australia by October, somewhere between warm (mid 80's F) and hot (might see the odd 100F days by then), but not yet stinking filthy hot (eg 110F+) for days on end. The mornings should be pretty good for walking about, then find some shade to enjoy your Chancers in the afternoon. Sunhat, water bottle, and sunburn cream recommended!

Will be more pleasant down south. October is mid-spring, and a pretty good month in Adelaide. Roses will be in their spring blush by the middle of the month.
Since you may be up in this area next month, you might find these interesting... the shots of the Beavers were taken from the deck of the pub where we had lunch and the others are from the short ferry ride that same weekend.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cp140/albums/72157658546268405
10-02-2015, 01:12 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
the full picture set from my australian westcoast travel in this link:
click on the australia picture & use password: 2222
https://christophegryspeert.smugmug.com/Galleries/Private

Really enjoyed that! I would heartfully recommend anyone to do this trip...
cheers
chr