Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2014, 03:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

645Z standard test shots now on Imaging Resource

Imaging Resource now has the first set of its standard studio test shots up, as shot with the 645Z (full-size DNG's and JPG's available for download too):

Pentax 645Z Review: First Shots - Samples

They now also have 645Z images from ISO 100 - 204800 viewable on the Imaging Resource Comparometer, for camera comparison fun:

Imaging Resource "Comparometer"

Last edited by rawr; 08-21-2014 at 04:00 AM.
08-21-2014, 06:01 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks so much for the heads up! Maybe we can get a profile done now over at The LightZone Project....
08-21-2014, 06:16 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Man, I've been looking at these swatches for a long time, and these are like light years ahead of any FF images, finally MF done right....

08-21-2014, 07:37 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Man, I've been looking at these swatches for a long time, and these are like light years ahead of any FF images, finally MF done right....
Well, "light years" is maybe stretching it, but certainly worth the money, IMO. I agree, MF done right, if you factor in (I do!) the price bit. The only way to get this quality out of FF is to use multiple shots, stacked or stitched, and even then.....I am also surprised at how things hold up as the shots shoot up in ISO. I am particularly paying attention to tonalities. Really, totally usable for most things through 6400. I'm not sure much NR would be required, if any, for printing.

Although, I should also say here that for convenience/necessity's sake due to time constraints now through Tuesday at least (and because my C drive went bad, and I've lost all my editing programs, and haven't been able to load everything back up yet....), I have had to look at the jpg's, so, a caveat to my comments. Mighty nice looking jpg's, though!

08-21-2014, 08:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
UGH, what's going to happen when you take a pic of someone with the 645Z and you capture the tiny demodex mites that live on portions of our skin?