Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pentax 6x7 Lens Mounting Issue

Hello All,

I recently acquired a P6x7 body as a second to my existing P67. While testing, everything was great until I attempted to mount a lens. My first try was my 90/2.8 LS; the lens would lay flush against the body mount, but I was unable to rotate the lens to secure it, as if there was some obstruction present. I then tried my 55/4 and had the same result. I also tried pushing in the lens release tab while trying to twist the lens, no dice.

I carefully examined the lens mount on the body and compared it to my P67 (where both lenses fit fine) and could not find any apparent difference between the two.

Am I missing something obvious or is there a real problem here and I need to return it to the seller?

I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions; best regards, Allan

12-19-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cobbu2 Quote
Hello All,

I recently acquired a P6x7 body as a second to my existing P67. While testing, everything was great until I attempted to mount a lens. My first try was my 90/2.8 LS; the lens would lay flush against the body mount, but I was unable to rotate the lens to secure it, as if there was some obstruction present. I then tried my 55/4 and had the same result. I also tried pushing in the lens release tab while trying to twist the lens, no dice.

I carefully examined the lens mount on the body and compared it to my P67 (where both lenses fit fine) and could not find any apparent difference between the two.

Am I missing something obvious or is there a real problem here and I need to return it to the seller?

I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions; best regards, Allan
I'm going to guess that the newly acquired camera suffered some damage to the mount. I dropped a Pentax zoom once, in winter, and not a great distance, and it would not mount on the camera after. I could see no visible difference between the damaged lens and a 'good' one, but the repair shop replaced the mount and it mounted again.
12-19-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Some bodies had some manufacturing variance in the lens mount and it would be very difficult to mount the lenses. One could still mount the lenses though. On a used body where you cannot mount the lenses, it is almost a guarantee of damage.
12-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks to both! I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me with some ideas and if there's no more options, looks like I'll be sending it back and looking elsewhere.