Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-03-2015, 02:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

645Z tethering - Tablet support in new firmware + Image transmitter 2???

Does any one know if the new firmware + IT2 software supports tethering to a tablet?
I see Mac and pc's mentioned in the press release but no mention of tablets (Android).
Thks

03-03-2015, 02:38 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IT2 is mac and PC only as far as I know. You can use the FLUCard to tether with a tablet.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #3

I don't see why you couldn't tether to a Surface 'tablet' if it is running Windows 8 and have a USB3 port. (Other than the fact that you'd be running Windows 8, and thus have far greater problems in your life than tethering your camera ;-)
03-04-2015, 09:45 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ndevlin Quote
I don't see why you couldn't tether to a Surface 'tablet' if it is running Windows 8 and have a USB3 port. (Other than the fact that you'd be running Windows 8, and thus have far greater problems in your life than tethering your camera ;-)
Thanks ndevlin......took a look at the Surface 'tablet' - only 128GB internal storage and USB2 port if used as a 'tablet'....which is what I wanted due to the freedom to tether anywhere on a days shoot in the field....USB3 is available but only if docked on the proprietary docking station.....

---------- Post added 03-04-15 at 04:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BostonUKshooter Quote
Thanks ndevlin......took a look at the Surface 'tablet' - only 128GB internal storage and USB2 port if used as a 'tablet'....which is what I wanted due to the freedom to tether anywhere on a days shoot in the field....USB3 is available but only if docked on the proprietary docking station.....
PS ....nice work on your website Nick.....just back in Uk after 5 years living in BC... Rgds, Ian

03-04-2015, 05:04 PM   #5

Was at WPPI today and talked to the rep about the software, and no plans on iPad/Tablet support, but he said that Pentax is working with Adobe to allow tether support for Lightroom when using the 645Z.

(sad week for me though, they gave away 3x 645Z with 55mm lenses, and I didn't win Oh well maybe next time).
03-05-2015, 03:28 PM   #6

B&H is including the 55mm lens with the purchase of a new "Z" sweet deal!!