Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2016, 01:52 AM   #1

Pentax 6X7 focus screen compatibility with 67II screen?

My backup body has a damaged screen, and I'm looking for a replacement. I see the 67II screens are readily available on eBay, and can be removed from their mount with a few screws. Has anyone else tried replacing the old 6x7 screen with a disassembled 67II screen? Thanks!

08-29-2016, 09:45 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Yes, I put a 67II screen in my 6x7. It Seems to work okay. The focus screen on the 67II is thinner than the my original but some spring clips push it into place where the datum is on the top.

Taking the screen out of the 6x7 is a little tricky. You may need to make a really small spanner socket. Those front guide pins for the prism also double as fasteners holding things down and there are some really small and thin brass shims common to them. Don't lose those. They shim the fit of the prism or waist level finder.
08-29-2016, 12:12 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JBemus Quote
Pentax 6X7 focus screen compatibility with 67II screen?
No idea at all or as we say here "I have nae a scooby"... but I will say welcome to the forum.
08-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your other option is to get a Beattie screen for your Pentax 6x7/67 (not the 67ii), as they are easier to find. Not sure if they are still made new, but here is their website:

Pentax Medium Format Cameras - Beattie Intenscreen - medium format, pentax camera lens

Phil.

08-30-2016, 03:37 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Tuco. I have a repair service I use that will install it. Very helpful info.

GoFour3, the Beattie screens have not been available for some time. They are right in my area, and they never answer my inquiries. You will only find them listed in the dealers as "no longer available". They are also quiet expensive on eBay when you can find them. Thanks for the good link though!
08-30-2016, 01:05 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JBemus Quote
Thanks Tuco. I have a repair service I use that will install it. Very helpful info.

GoFour3, the Beattie screens have not been available for some time. They are right in my area, and they never answer my inquiries. You will only find them listed in the dealers as "no longer available". They are also quiet expensive on eBay when you can find them. Thanks for the good link though!
Yeah that's too bad that the Beattie screens are no longer available.

You might want to check with B&H Photo or KEH, as I have seen them listed on their sites new & used. (Probably only used now)

Phil.