Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #1

Pentax K-30 and Godox ML-150 macro ring flash

Hello. I have recently bought the Godox ML-150 macro ring flash. Its not TTL at all and have only one pin. The reason of buying it was because my primary macro lens is manual and TLL will not work with it. Also, ML-150 is not a LED flash, it's a tube macro flash. When I understand that I need something better, I will buy a good macro lens and a good macro P-TTL flash. but not now.

The main problem is when I attach it to my Pentax K-30, it randomly refuse to fire. I have found that it almost will never fire from the first shot and has 90% chance to fail if you will give it a rest for about 10 seconds. Here is a short video, describing what happening.

In other words, at the current time the flash is unusable because I still can't predict when it will fire and when will not. It's doing it totally randomly. It has some overheat, continious flashes protection and can indicate when flash is ready, but it can not describe why it refuse to fire from the first shot after turning on.