Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2014, 02:31 AM   #1

K10d and WiFi SD card

Does anyone know if the K10d will work with one of these WiFi SDHC cards like a Transcend?
I was shooting a very busy event at the weekend and it was a right pain to keep dodging back through the croud to swap memory cards with the person working the printer.

Thanks

11-24-2014, 02:41 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From the reviews here the K10 doesn't have WiFi capabilities.
11-24-2014, 02:56 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Friday Quote
Does anyone know if the K10d will work with one of these WiFi SDHC cards like a Transcend?
I was shooting a very busy event at the weekend and it was a right pain to keep dodging back through the croud to swap memory cards with the person working the printer.

Thanks
You can certainly use something like an eye-fi card, but that probably wouldn't save you time compared to swapping cards in the scenario you're describing.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Friday Quote

Thanks
I know this sounds simplistic and maybe I don't understand the issues you were having but it seems like a couple more memory cards might have helped. It sounds almost like you had just two. I carry 4 16 gig cards (which for me is overkill) and I don't shoot in the type of pro scenario you are describing.

11-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Got an Easyshare card for my K100d. works great! Something like that should work on yours too. I wouldn't say the download speed was awesome, but it only cost $40. And it is nice to have photos automatically load my laptop when I want to look at them right away.
Joel
11-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The card makers should have compatibility lists. The K10D is listed as not compatible with the Eye-Fi card, and not mentioned on the Transcend list.
11-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeD Quote
I know this sounds simplistic and maybe I don't understand the issues you were having but it seems like a couple more memory cards might have helped. It sounds almost like you had just two. I carry 4 16 gig cards (which for me is overkill) and I don't shoot in the type of pro scenario you are describing.
It wasn't a shortage of memory cards - more the problem of getting through the crowd to swap cards so that we could print the latest shots and not keeep anyone waiting.

11-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks for this. I think I'll try one of the EZ Share cards.
11-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
The K10D is listed as not compatible with the Eye-Fi card, and not mentioned on the Transcend list.
That would make sense given that the K10D is not compatible with any Wi-Fi cards in any firmware release. Too old

It can do something, however, that may be useful to you. It can operated tethered to a pc Pentax Remote Assistant software. The software (assuming you don't have the CD) is available for free download from Ricoh Imaging.

Steve