Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2015, 05:37 PM   #1

K3 Hotshoe Bracket

I dropped my K3 the other day while on a hike and it must have hit a rock at a 1 in a million angle because it landed straight on the hotshoe and bent the bracket a little bit. I thought nothing of it at first but i just realized tonight that I cant get a flash inserted into the hotshoe now. I tried to bent it back with a screw driver but its a solid little bugger and I am worried about scratching the camera ll up or busting the plastic around the metal bracket...

I found this tutorial on removing a hotshoe bracket on a Canon

How to Repair a Canon flash hot shoe - by Conrad Erb, Philadelphia Wedding Photographer

Does anyone know if a similar thing can be done with the Pentax? And where i might order a new bracket? If I cannot order one, I would at least like to remove it so that I can straighten while off of the camera.

I just wanted to get some input before i start prying on things again. I am trying to avoid a costly and lengthy repair.

01-28-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Do you have a pic of yours you can share?