Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2015, 10:50 AM   #1

Lenses

I have a vintage MV with an assortment of lenses. I have also purchased a K3 and was wondering because they both have the same mounts if the MV lenses would work on my new camera. Thank you in advance for any information you may have.

Rick

03-01-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This might point you in the right direction.
Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series
03-01-2015, 11:52 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The short answer is, yes. However, they will only work to the limits of the lens, a completely manual lens will remain a completely manual lens.

For more information read this: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/110658-u...x-dslrs-f.html

Without knowing which lenses you have specific information is hard to give. If they are original 'K' series lenses, marked 'SMC' or if they are 'M' series lenses then you will need to change a setting in the menu of the k-3 and use green button stop down metering. For 'A' series lenses just make sure the lens aperture ring is in the 'A' position and you should be good.
03-01-2015, 03:21 PM   #4

Related to the above links

The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

03-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I still use my old K and M mount lens on my K3. Like others have said they are totally manual and you will have to use stop down metering. This is were older lens with an A setting are easier to use. The K mount was introduced back in 1975 I believe, any K mount lens will work directly on your K3. That is one of the greatest advantages of Pentax.