Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2015, 04:39 AM   #1

Tamron 70 200 F2,8

Hello

Help me out here guys I have an K-3 L Prestige Edition and i have bought an used Tamron 70-200 F2,8 in mint condition,but i have an problem if you take an look to this link

I cannot do this on my camera with this tamron is there any setting I have to do on my camera,our do the lens maybe need some kind of service it seems that the lens are jamming and not run smooth like the the same lens in the link

So if you have any tips about this please share them with me

03-29-2015, 04:58 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the lens isn't focusing smoothly, then it obviously wasn't in mint condition

I've had the screwdrive AF mechanism fail on one of my FA Limiteds due to a manufacturing defect in the driveshaft. The lens could not be focused manually beyond a certain point, and the AF would often spin freely, make a grinding noise, or fail to engage for a while. Perhaps your lens is suffering from something similar. Hopefully you can still return it!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-29-2015, 05:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Could you post a video of your lens? That might be helpful so others can see and compare.
03-29-2015, 07:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Are you saying you can't get your focus to rack back and forth continuously like in the video?

03-29-2015, 09:42 AM   #5

Original Poster
Video

QuoteOriginally posted by agsy Quote
Could you post a video of your lens? That might be helpful so others can see and compare.
Here is the link I upload it on youtube,It don't matter if you have auto focus install or manual focus,you got the same effect

---------- Post added 03-29-15 at 09:42 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Are you saying you can't get your focus to rack back and forth continuously like in the video?
Yes that is what Im saying
03-29-2015, 10:13 AM   #6
Veteran Member

your video is set as private, and you check the settings?
03-29-2015, 10:17 AM   #7

Original Poster
your video is set as private, and you check the settings?
try it now,sorry for that

03-29-2015, 10:22 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Yeah that's definitely not normal. Mine doesn't do that. With the focus ring in M mode, it focuses slower but it doesn't stop like that. Definitely need to get the lens returned or something....
03-29-2015, 11:19 AM   #9

Original Poster
Yeah that's definitely not normal. Mine doesn't do that. With the focus ring in M mode, it focuses slower but it doesn't stop like that. Definitely need to get the lens returned or something....
I will send it to Tamron service to geting this fix
04-07-2015, 10:19 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by legendfoto79 Quote
In the You Tube clip you move the focus ring towards the camera wich will set it to manual focus and then you try to use autofocus. Why?
04-09-2015, 02:50 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bengan Quote
In the You Tube clip you move the focus ring towards the camera wich will set it to manual focus and then you try to use autofocus. Why?
I have the same effect on both MF and AF,

If you put the focus ring to MF then the only way is to adjusted it by hand,but in this case it doesn't matter if you have MF or AF because I get the same result on both but

Also if you target something and using AF,and then change the direction in the same area as you point to first time nothing happen the leans will no refocus
04-09-2015, 04:50 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by legendfoto79 Quote
I have the same effect on both MF and AF,

If you put the focus ring to MF then the only way is to adjusted it by hand,but in this case it doesn't matter if you have MF or AF because I get the same result on both but

Also if you target something and using AF,and then change the direction in the same area as you point to first time nothing happen the leans will no refocus
I suppose you know that you will have to set both the lens and the camera to manual i order for it to work properly. Same thing, if you are holding the trigger half way down and want the focus to follow you should use AF.C, right.
I read somewhere that it is possible to damage the screw drive if you focus manualy without setting the camera to manual.