Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2015, 02:42 AM   #1

Pentax Optio Z10 blocked

Hi,

After a few months inactivity of my Pentax Optio Z10 camera, it remains blocked at the initial screen. Not any button has any effect on it. After the lens-cover slided, the screen and the Power Indicator are On. That's the only animation it has.

Is there anything I can do to put it in normal condition? Like Reset for example.

Thanks for your help.

04-18-2015, 03:28 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are there any issues with the hardware- i.e. is the lens extending normally?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Are there any issues with the hardware- i.e. is the lens extending normally?
..even in the normal condition, the lens doesn't have to come out. It is quite normal therefore that it doesn't move.
04-18-2015, 02:00 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kamyogi Quote
..even in the normal condition, the lens doesn't have to come out. It is quite normal therefore that it doesn't move.
Could be that the sensor that detects whether or not the lens is uncovered is broken. Lens-related issues seem to be one of the more common areas in which compacts can fail, and the consensus is that once they do, it's the most economical to get a replacement rather than to attempt to get it repaired.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-18-2015, 03:09 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Could be that the sensor that detects whether or not the lens is uncovered is broken. Lens-related issues seem to be one of the more common areas in which compacts can fail, and the consensus is that once they do, it's the most economical to get a replacement rather than to attempt to get it repaired.
Its quite strange that the sensor failed without reason. The camera didn't suffer any shock or touched water/humidity.

Thanks anyway mate for taking interest.
04-21-2015, 07:07 AM   #6

Original Poster
Is it possible to re-install the camera software?
06-16-2017, 06:33 AM   #7

Original Poster
Well, well, well... It is fixed now. Its a problem of SD Card. I just removed it and the camera started to function normally. The camera was unused for a long time. The SD card has become obsolete. Its all fine now.