Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-04-2015, 10:30 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Issue with Strobeam DL 250 strobes

I have purchased DL 250 Mark III strobes from Strobeam. I have tested the flash trigger at the shop and its working fine. After setting it up at home, i cant fire the strobes with the wireless trigger properly. I tried bringing down the shutter below 180, but it didnt help. With the sync cord, it is firing properly, but with the wireless trigger its only firing once. If i remove the trigger and insert it again, it is firing again for only once and that's it. Is it a known issue or my hot-shoe has gone bad ? or am i missing something ?

05-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mourya Quote
I have tested the flash trigger at the shop and its working fine.
I would suggest returning to the shop with your camera and flash gear and asking them for help/advice.

Edit: From the review linked below:
QuoteQuote:
The dodgy connection on the lead and the mysterious intermittent disconnection from the remote from time to time lost it a point in performance, but that could have just been our review model.
There may be known quality problems with the remote trigger.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/strobeam-dl-250-mk-iii-high-speed-flash-review-19011

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-04-2015 at 01:46 PM.
05-04-2015, 11:47 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I dont think the issue lies with the remote. Today, i tested with a canon camera.. its working just fine. Guess pentax hot shoe is different from others.
05-05-2015, 01:54 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which (Pentax) camera do you use? There was an issue with Yongnuo flashes on the K5; it could be solved with some DIY. See https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/115-pentax-k-5/162331-mounted-yn-560-flash-problem.html With the K5, I suspect that Pentax changed the electronics of the trigger circuit slightly from previous models. Not sure if they reverted the change in models after the K5.

Note that there is no real standard for the 'signal' on the center pin. So in this case it's a 'simple' and very annoying incompatibility issue.