Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2015, 07:34 AM   #1

How to update Ricoh GR III Firmware?

Hey!

I'm new here, and I'm pretty new to cameras.

Just bought this Ricoh GR III and a friend and GR user told me to check for new firmware updates, so I did!

Found this page:

Latest GR Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

I downloaded it, unpacked and copied the .frm file to my formatted SD card, but I can't seem to find any "Confirm Firmware Version" alternative in the setup menu on the camera.
Found this other way to do an update as well, by pressing "Viewer" button and "Up" button at the same time when the camera is turned off, but this menu doesn't seem to find the new .frm file either.

Is it compatible with an older model like this GR III? Am I just doing something stupid? Anyone out there who could help me out?

Would be cool to update if there's a better version out there!

All the best

//Fred

05-06-2015, 08:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm guessing that's because that firmware is for the Ricoh GR (aka GR V), not the GR III.
05-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This is the right page for your Ricoh GR Digital III : Digital Camera / GR DIGITAL III / Products & Solutions | Ricoh Global
05-06-2015, 08:45 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
This is the right page for your Ricoh GR Digital III : Digital Camera / GR DIGITAL III / Products & Solutions | Ricoh Global
Aaah, thank you so much!

05-06-2015, 09:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
For any Ricoh product that was created before the Ricoh GR (V), you have to look on the Ricoh Japan website.

If anyday you decide to buy the wide angle adapter, make sure it's for the GR III, and not for the GR I or GR II, because they are different.