Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2015, 06:43 AM   #1

Desperate help!

Hiya everyone I have been searching for ages to find out what lens mount this lens has. My m42 adapter wont work for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated THANK YOU!#

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
XT1032  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
XT1032  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
XT1032  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
XT1032  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
XT1032  Photo 
05-23-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I think that's half a T-mount

I've seen this before. What I think you have there is an M42 lens, but with the inner ring of a t-mount attached.
Someone mistook M42 threads for t-mount - they're close, but not the same.
Anyway, you've got the useless inner ring stuck on there. With enough grip, you should be able to unthread it and reveal the M42 underneath.

The reason it's not a t-mount lens to begin with is that it has an aperture plunger. While there were some early '70s lenses with plungers and t-mounts (think Spiratone and early Sigma) the lens you have there is too new for that, I think.
05-23-2015, 07:28 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From what I could find, it looks like Sirius 28-200 lenses usually had a two letter code on the aperture ring, to the right of the '4'. That should give a clue as to which mount it is. It looks like they used 'PU' (Pentax Universal) for M42.

I wouldn't get my hopes up - Samyang-made push-pull lenses of that period weren't great, and the word 'doorstop' seems to come up often in reference to that lens.
05-23-2015, 07:33 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ontarian50 Quote
I've seen this before. What I think you have there is an M42 lens, but with the inner ring of a t-mount attached.
Someone mistook M42 threads for t-mount - they're close, but not the same.
Anyway, you've got the useless inner ring stuck on there. With enough grip, you should be able to unthread it and reveal the M42 underneath.

The reason it's not a t-mount lens to begin with is that it has an aperture plunger. While there were some early '70s lenses with plungers and t-mounts (think Spiratone and early Sigma) the lens you have there is too new for that, I think.
Thank you so much everyone! Ontarian50 you was right and I quickly got it off now and my m42 adapter works a treat