Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2015, 12:50 PM   #1

Asahi pentax s1 bellows

Okay so I have very little knowledge of these cameras and this was my grandfathers camera which I am now selling. I attached the bellows to the camera just to take pictures of it on the camera for eBay. It simply screwed on but now when I try to unscrew it I can't get it off? Please can someone help I'm desperate to get it off!

05-25-2015, 02:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
oops - You are one of many who have been caught. I found mine from deep inside a cupboard - I think it is the same model. If you are very very lucky you can undo the thumb screw at the top and then use a fine jeweler screw drive to undo the screws on either side and it might drop off

If that doesn't work. First make sure the bellow is loose on the body. Take the the thumb screw off. This should leave the mount on the bellow loose and free to rotate independent of the bellows - Use a string around the mount on the bellows.Experiment with the tension. Spend the next half an hour using the string to rotate the mount. You may need to be very patient.

best of luck

PS to avoid the terror of locking a M42 bellows to the camera, I have screwed a pentax bayonet T mount to my bellows. The T mount doesn't have a locking device.

PSS - looking at mine, it might be possible when everything is loose to use your fingers inside the bellows to rotate it. Be careful you don't cut yourself as I have just done. Sorry not putting it on my camera to find out if it works.

Last edited by Bob from Aus; 05-25-2015 at 02:58 PM.