Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2015, 05:17 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K3 Multi exposure with Interval timing

Hi,
I was taking some snaps around sunset last night using multiple exposure with interval timing. The options for triggering the first exposure are either 'Now' or based on a user defined time. I was using 'now' but because there is no remote option it means pressing the shutter and I believe this caused noticeable camera shake. Setting a time, albeit a minute away, so that there is no manual involvement seems a little strange and I was thinking it needed the same option to trigger the first exposure by remote as does the regular multi-exposure mode. Am I missing something here?

I was using this option to record cloud movement but there was also some street lights in the distance which is where the camera shake appeared. I used 'average' and 'bright' options at different times as I was just experimenting. Should I have used the non-interval timing multi-exposure for this activity rather than interval timing?

Thanks, David

08-03-2015, 06:28 AM   #2

I think you can set it to start one minute later. I use a remote.
08-03-2015, 06:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I just used the interval timing last night. I set it for one minute later and hit the shutter and walked away. I don't use a remote for that. I was doing star trails
08-03-2015, 07:27 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by semaca Quote
I think you can set it to start one minute later. I use a remote.
Semaca, Can you explain how you use a remote to start Interval timing. It isn't an option and when I tried my remote it did nothing. It only works for non-interval timed multi exposures from my experience.

08-03-2015, 07:47 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by duetto96 Quote
Semaca, Can you explain how you use a remote to start Interval timing. It isn't an option and when I tried my remote it did nothing. It only works for non-interval timed multi exposures from my experience.
I don't have a wireless remote, but one with wire. I click once to start and that is all.
08-05-2015, 04:49 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by semaca Quote
I don't have a wireless remote, but one with wire. I click once to start and that is all.
OK, now I get it. I was thinking back to the days when cable releases screwed into the shutter button and had hence assumed that only wireless remotes existed nowadays.Thanks for your help.