Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #1
Closed Account

Removing rear element in S-M-C Takumar 6x7 1:3.5/55

I have a lens with a bit of fungus behind the rear element in a S-M-C Takumar 6x7 1:3.5/55. I would like to remove the rear element to deal with it. I have removed the retaining ring but the element does not budge. Can anyone provide some insight into how to get this element out?

Thank you!!

12-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #2

Do you have a photo? I don't have this lens but have tried to disassembled a few takumars. If the rear lense element is supposed to be removed after the retaining ring is removed, using good quality plastic tape and stick it in a way to leave a web in the middle for pulling may add some force.
12-01-2015, 10:35 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another idea is a suction cup. Some lacquer may have been used to hold the element in place, so solvent around the element might dissolve the lacquer.

What always works for me is trying to free the element when it can fall about 10 feet onto a concrete slab. Then it'll come right out. I don't recommend this.
12-03-2015, 12:06 PM   #4
Closed Account

Original Poster
Thank you for the suggestions. The tape did the trick. I have never had a lens element so hard to get out! My first try with the tape was not able to get the element out, but there was a "click" when I went to attach more tape, so that told me the element was moving. I then put some tape on and let it sit for 1/2 an hour to bond a bit better, and then used a loupe as I pulled to make sure it was completely level. I managed to get it out (but the tape was starting to peel up as I went).

Thank you once again.