Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2016, 04:37 PM   #1

What is supposed to hold the "ring" at end of M42 Pentax lens?

Hi,

I noticed that there's a cup-shaped ring that is supposed to cover the screwmount end of one of the M42 screwmount Pentax lenses, and it is loose. Here's a picture of it, removed from the lens (actually it fell out):

Can anyone tell me how that cup/ring is supposed to be held in place, and also how can I re-secure it? I'm not using the lens for now, as I'm kind of worried that the cup/ring will slide out while the lens is in the camera, and damage the mirror or something else.

Thanks,
Jim

02-13-2016, 05:03 PM   #2

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Contact cement. Don't cap the lens or attach it to your camera until it has dried and out gassed for a while.
I don't have any contact cement here, but I do have some gel superglue. Would that work, or does it have to be contact cement?

Thanks,
Jim

---------- Post added 02-13-16 at 05:36 PM ----------

According to this:

No super glue: Canon SLR Lens Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Superglue is not good. That post also mentions using JB Weld, which I do have. Would that work?
02-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
Ahh! I understand. I guess I can wait to pick up some contact cement tomorrow then. Will ANY contact cement be ok? Or (hopefully not) must it be some specific type?