Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #1

K-5 ll and a kr lens

I'm afraid I made a mistake ( financially, not fatally ).
I have a K-5 ll and am trying to buy a few lenses for it. I just received a Samyang 28mm macro f2.8
and thought it would be a pretty good lens.
Looking at it before I used it I found it said KR on the aperture ring right after the numbers.
It is also has an A(P) on the ap. ring before the numbers. This i knew, I like 'A' lenses.
I did not know about the KR.
I am guessing this is one of the infamous 'Ricoh' mounts that I should throw in a lake, but I
am hoping someone can save me from this.
Are all 'kr' lenses bad for my K-5 ll, or can I ( maybe ) use this.

Thanks in advance...if I were better at this I'd upload a pic of the mount.

AdkMike

06-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AdirondackMike Quote
infamous 'Ricoh' mounts that I should throw in a lake
Not sure about throwing it in a lake. Many of these are quite good lenses, even if the pin is a problem it can be remedied rather easily. The 'Ricoh Pin' is really only a problem if you are not aware of it and mount the lens.

I'm not familiar with this lens, but I am sure someone will help with that. I just wanted to stop you from tossing it until you get a real answer.
06-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Looks like this might be the lens??? Sears 28mm f2.8 Multicoated Macro PK (manual)/KR (auto) Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

According to that page it does have the "Ricoh Pin".
06-29-2016, 02:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Search for Ricoh Pin in the forum, there are a lot of threads about them and they are easy to remove. You may find that it doesn't even have one.

06-29-2016, 02:35 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Not sure about throwing it in a lake. Many of these are quite good lenses, even if the pin is a problem it can be remedied rather easily. The 'Ricoh Pin' is really only a problem if you are not aware of it and mount the lens.

I'm not familiar with this lens, but I am sure someone will help with that. I just wanted to stop you from tossing it until you get a real answer.
Re: lake
I'm safe for a day or two since the nearest lakes are about 3 and 10 miles from here.
If I lived on one, then I'd be in trouble.

---------- Post added 06-29-16 at 02:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 12345 Quote
Looks like this might be the lens??? Sears 28mm f2.8 Multicoated Macro PK (manual)/KR (auto) Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

According to that page it does have the "Ricoh Pin".
Can't tell from these images, but I'm sure someone will either give us another link or I'll find one somewhere.
I just figure this is the best place to get the answer I need, even if it's not the one I want.
thanks
06-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

You can try putting it on the K-5 and if it doesn't come off... you know it has a Ricoh pin
06-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This thread might have some info that will help: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/21627-pk-r.html

06-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
You can try putting it on the K-5 and if it doesn't come off... you know it has a Ricoh pin
Good one...thanks, I needed a good laugh!

---------- Post added 06-29-16 at 02:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
thanks, there is a link there with pics on how to remove the pin. ( yes, I knew i'd be lucky enough to have a pin ).
It doesn't look too difficult, and I've yet to have my first libation of the evening, so I should be safe.
06-29-2016, 03:48 PM   #9

Original Poster
success, I guess

you've know how sometimes a surgeon leaves a sponge in the patient?
well, I've got a screw loose...all my friends agree.
I lost on of those little, tiny noseeums inside that hold the flap that holds the pin in.
It shouldn't matter, since one of the four screws holding the lens together is near it.

So, thanks for the help, as always, and especially for the link to the forums
at DPReview.com. I've used their camera reviews for years and even they seem
slow reviewing some Pentax cameras I really like the site.

Now the only thing I'll be doing at the lake is trying to get a pic of a Bald Eagle that seems
to live around there. ( Not with that 28 mm though, I'm not brave enough to get a close up with that. )

AdkMike