Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2016, 12:00 PM   #1

Loss of functionality since upgrade on K1 to v1.30

Hello, upgraded to 1.30 a few days ago. Haven't used my camera til today.

Noticed I wasn't shooting to slot 1 but to slot2, tried to set it to the first setting (fill up 1 then use 2) but its grayed out.

I tried multiple SD cards, still grayed out. Reset. No luck.

Curious thing, when I hit the button on the back of the camera that swaps slots, it would never recognize slot one to shoot to and I lost functionality on the d pad as well meaning, could not set outdoor brightness etc. When I hit it again, everything worked on the d pad and it showed slot 2 as active.

Now when I go into menus, I can set for shooting to both slots ... and the camera indeed shoots to both. But only to 2 when I try the first setting and when I try to switch to the first setting, it actually shows slot 2 as primary

Any known issues for what I'm experiencing? Thanks.

10-21-2016, 12:13 PM   #2
CDW
Site Supporter

I upgraded a couple of weeks ago. Functionality remains the same as my original settings with first option being saving to slot 1, with 2 greyed out, 2nd option of saving to both slots (DNG selected) and 3rd option, RAW to slot 1, JPEG to slot 2.
10-21-2016, 12:31 PM   #3

@Adam is the master of this but as I recall if you power off then put a card in slot 1 and leave slot 2 empty you can then set it as the primary after powerup. Seems if only one card is present at powerup that slot gets set as the primary and the only way to change it is to do as above.
10-21-2016, 02:12 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
@Adam is the master of this but as I recall if you power off then put a card in slot 1 and leave slot 2 empty you can then set it as the primary after powerup. Seems if only one card is present at powerup that slot gets set as the primary and the only way to change it is to do as above.
No sir, you are! That worked. Thank you.