Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2014, 04:31 AM   #1

WR Fisheye lens

Will there in the near future be WR or DA* version of fisheye lens ?

I'm a necently new photographer amateur and i own K50. Great machine.
I'm interesting in taking large panoramas from mountain peaks and such, and I'm attracted to different perspective that fisheye lens provides when making photos.

Since weahter in the mountains can rapidly change without any announcment it would be very handy to have equipment that's resistant to nature's elements.
One big reason why I have chosen K50 in the first place.

Thanks and kind regards,
Vilko Pavlović

10-24-2014, 05:06 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Likely not from any manufacturer.

Specialized lenses are already at a premium price so adding more cost for uncommon use makes sales even harder.

I use my 10-17FE in rougher weather but it's only a for a few shots usually, so the plastic cover treatment works just fine.
10-24-2014, 06:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, welcome! Good choice with the K-50. Yeah, you need a WR lens if you want to use the system in poor weather. Unfortunately, third party manufacturers don't really make WR lenses for Pentax. And the Pentax WR lenses can be a little expensive and are not ultra wide.
I doubt a WR fisheye will be made. Your best bet is to bring along a sleeve or some sort of cover. Or a WR wide angle lens, instead of a fisheye.
10-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #4

You could stitch photos to complete panoramas from a 18-135 WR.
It's not a fish-eye but you can get really nice results

Last edited by danielblues; 10-24-2014 at 11:55 AM.