Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2014, 01:13 AM   #1

Flucard problem - can anyone assist?

Chaps,

I'm hoping someone can help who has experience of the Flucard. I've just bought a K3 and also a genuine Flucard. What I wanted to do was tether the camera either to a laptop or to a cheap Google Android tablet I have just bought for the purpose. I don't want to do anything fancy to remote control the camera, all I want to do is be able to shoot pictures and see them come up as I shoot them (or a few seconds afterwards) on the tablet or PC. So far I have been unable to make it do this. Basically when I connect the two to the flucard wifi I seem to have 2 options:

1. Remote capture which seems to essentially enable you to get Liveview but on the tablet along with the ability to remote control the camera. You lose the pic through the viewfinder though and even my rear liveview screen on the K3 is blank until I take a picture and then the picture I have taken flashes up on the rear LCD for about a tenth of a second so essentially unless you're looking at the PC you're shooting blind.
2. Image view which so far just seems to provide a small clickable Jpeg of the pictures you've taken but it's useless for 'on the fly review' because you keep having to click on each image to enlarge it to see it properly - why doesn't it just display the last image taken automatically and in full screen? - I'm taking pictures, I don't want to have to keep going back to the PC or tablet after every shot!!

Unless I'm using it wrongly I think the whole thing is a complete waste of £75!! What I really wanted was to be able to see my pictures on a bigger screen as I shoot them just to be able to notice things better than I can by looking at the on camera LCD screen such as hair over eyes, missed focus or something small and distracting in the frame. In short what I want is what you get with cabled tethered shooting on a K5.

So far this is about as much use as a chocolate teapot!

Can anyone help?

Merry Christmas to all (PS tablet is a Dragon Touch Y88X running Android 4.4 on a quad core processor.

I look forward to reading your replies.

Jonlg

12-25-2014, 01:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, Jonig. Many people miss this in the skimpy manual, but Composition Adjust in the Live View menu must be unchecked for the Flucard to work properly. Best to confirm if you have done so.
12-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ditto what jbinpg said. I had problems with mine until I did a little research and learned that composition adjustment must be set to off. Since composition adjustment off, the Flu has worked as advertised.
Good luck.
Daryl
12-28-2014, 06:35 AM   #4

Original Poster
Composition adjustment is off but it's still not throwing up the last picture taken in full screen after it is shot without me needing to select the image in the image viewer and clicking on it which is hardly practical during a studio shoot!

Can anyone with a Flucard tell me if it has proven capable of doing what I am asking or is it simply not designed to show the last image taken in full screen?

Thanks,]]Jonlg

12-28-2014, 06:54 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jonlg Quote

Can anyone with a Flucard tell me if it has proven capable of doing what I am asking or is it simply not designed to show the last image taken in full screen?
The Flucard on my K-S1 doesn't do that, Jonlg, neither does the Samsung Wifi system.

Both have one mode for remote shooting and another for file transfer - they're your choices.

Maybe you can have one device - say a phone *and* a tablet - attached to each mode. I've never tried.

But neither Pentax nor Samsung wifi do a last shot review AFAIK.

Do Sony or Canon?
12-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #6

Original Poster
Well, what I wanted it to do is shown exactly if you watch this video from 1min 20 secs in:

So that's exactly what I'm looking for and evidently the Eyefi does that - has anyone managed to get the Flucard to behave like this??

Jonlg
12-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by jonlg Quote
Well, what I wanted it to do is shown exactly if you watch this video from 1min 20 secs in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNAgzdga__0

So that's exactly what I'm looking for and evidently the Eyefi does that - has anyone managed to get the Flucard to behave like this??

Jonlg
Try the app below. It works with Pentax version of Flucard:

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/flucard-shoot-view-pro/id454145286?mt=8