Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2015, 04:42 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax repairers in Australia?

Are CR Kennedy still the best people for Pentax repairs in (western) Australia? My k-x has had a hard life, auto focus no longer works and the sensor and mirror need a real clean. I tried changing to a different AF lens, problem still the same. the MF/AF selector switch had been very stiff for a long time. My only worry is that I am attending the Australian veteran Bike Rally at the start of October, and there is no way I want to be without my camera for that--repairs can be very slow. I'd rather use it like it is than not have it.

08-30-2015, 05:01 AM   #2
Forum Member

Maybe time for an upgrade to either a new K50, or KS2, or look for a good used K30 if budget doesnt allow. You will experience a quantum leap in performance
08-30-2015, 06:44 AM   #3
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Megapixelmk Quote
Maybe time for an upgrade to either a new K50, or KS2, or look for a good used K30 if budget doesnt allow. You will experience a quantum leap in performance
The K-50 is most likely cheaper than a K-30 at this time
08-30-2015, 07:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I actually just got the auto-focus working. No, I had both switches in the right place all along--I just moved them back and forth (as I already had many times)and AF function returned. I also discovered the dust alert function in the menu--I had previously used sensor clean, but the dust alert image gave me a horrible result. So I'll give the sensor cleaning a go as per the forum guide.I'd certainly like a more capable camera, but finances have other priorities at the moment , so I'll keep trying to find the limits on this one for now.

09-05-2015, 07:01 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster

This was the image on the dust alert, rather messy. I purchased a Ricoh O-ICK1 sensor cleaning kit and used it today. Dust Alert is now muted on the menu, so I am guessing it is clean? Tried a test shot on a neutral white wall, (no clear blue sky available) could not see anything. The Auto Focus selection is still problematical, hit and miss.