Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Selling my K7 ... what do you think it is a good price?

I have not yet posted this item in the Markeplace because I wanted some feedback before doing it.
So, I am waiting for my K3 to arrive and I have decided to finally sell my K7 with only 13,200 shutter actuations.
It has a scratched rear LCD BUT I am including an OEM (Pentax) replacement "window" and "protector" -- brand new and never opened.
What do you think a good price range would be?
I browsed the Marketplace and found a few that sold for around $200 USD, give or take a few $$.

Thanks,
JP

02-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I'll buy it from you for $20

Yeah $200 sounds about right.

Good luck with your sale.
02-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I have not yet posted this item in the Markeplace because I wanted some feedback before doing it.
So, I am waiting for my K3 to arrive and I have decided to finally sell my K7 with only 13,200 shutter actuations.
It has a scratched rear LCD BUT I am including an OEM (Pentax) replacement "window" and "protector" -- brand new and never opened.
What do you think a good price range would be?
I browsed the Marketplace and found a few that sold for around $200 USD, give or take a few $$.

Thanks,
JP

What's actually your motivation? I have K-7 and K-3 and like them both. I'm pretty glad that I have 2 cameras and don't have to change lenses so frequently when being out in the field.
02-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian

There's one on Adorama right now for $189. Recent ebay sales seem to be right around $200 (for the body plus original accessories -- battery, charger, etc).

02-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #5

Well if you absolutely need to sell it then you should.

Despite having a K-3 and K-5 as well I keep my K-7 because I don't want to "throw it away" for cheap and I find usage for it. It also has a Samsung sensor, which to me, is different than my other 2 cameras. Just my opinion anyway but I wouldn't get rid of my camera for that much knowing I paid full retail for it in what seems like just the other day (my first flasgship Pentax).

Or maybe I'm just overly sentimental
02-09-2016, 01:04 PM   #6
Pentaxian

An other reason why to keep K-7 might be the fact that - as far as I know - you can't switch DA* lenses (like 16-50 or 50-135) from SDM to screw drive using K-3, but with K-7 it should be possible...
02-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
What's actually your motivation? I have K-7 and K-3 and like them both. I'm pretty glad that I have 2 cameras and don't have to change lenses so frequently when being out in the field.
Motivation ??

Look at my signature: there is also a K5 in there, so I am selling the K7 and keeping the K5.
As my post was mentioning: getting a K3 this week.

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 03:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I'll buy it from you for $20

Yeah $200 sounds about right.

Good luck with your sale.
Good try, Bert !

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 03:20 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
There's one on Adorama right now for $189. Recent ebay sales seem to be right around $200 (for the body plus original accessories -- battery, charger, etc).
Seems like a fair ballpark figure.
Thanks!

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 03:22 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ron_Man Quote
Well if you absolutely need to sell it then you should.

Despite having a K-3 and K-5 as well I keep my K-7 because I don't want to "throw it away" for cheap and I find usage for it. It also has a Samsung sensor, which to me, is different than my other 2 cameras. Just my opinion anyway but I wouldn't get rid of my camera for that much knowing I paid full retail for it in what seems like just the other day (my first flasgship Pentax).

Or maybe I'm just overly sentimental
Ron, now you're making me "rethink", which is not a good thing !

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 03:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
An other reason why to keep K-7 might be the fact that - as far as I know - you can't switch DA* lenses (like 16-50 or 50-135) from SDM to screw drive using K-3, but with K-7 it should be possible...
Is it not possible with the K5 though?
I did make a SDM screw drive conversion with my DA*16-50 with the K7 a while back.

02-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #8

QuoteQuote:

Ron, now you're making me "rethink", which is not a good thing !
Lol by all means do what is best for you and your situation! The K-7 was a fine camera for me when I first bought it and it still is minus the poor high ISO performance.

I just have the peace of mind knowing I have a third body for that just in case scenario.
02-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ron_Man Quote
Lol by all means do what is best for you and your situation! The K-7 was a fine camera for me when I first bought it and it still is minus the poor high ISO performance.

I just have the peace of mind knowing I have a third body for that just in case scenario.
Now that I have just received a parcel from Camera Canada with what seems to be a K3 inside ... I'll have to rethink about my "old" K7 !
As you said, could be useful at times, we never know.
Cheers!