Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2016, 07:55 PM - 17 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Back with K1, and Lots of Photos

It's been a long time since my last post on this forum. I've been quite busy with my work and kids in the past a few years, and there was one time I even sold off all my Pentax gear and only used mirrorless cameras for a while. But I guess the saying is true: once a Pentaxian, always a Pentaxian Got back a K3 and a set of silver FA Limited lenses soon after, but seldom used them other than during our monthly outings.

Now I'm back with the long overdue FF camera - K1, which I bought nearly a month ago. But only got chance to use it the first time last Saturday, that's 4 days ago. I didn't even touch it once after I bought it and took the following photos to show off a bit:

Last Saturday I brought the K1 for a spin during our monthly Pentax outing (which has been going on since 2008!). Glad to meet up with old buddies and new friends as usual. And a lot K1s too (taken by my HTC phone):

And think there were a couple of more K1s on the day, but they missed our chitchat session before we headed out for some street photos.

After setup the camera the way I wanted, well, mostly just the front and rear dials the same I set on all my previous Pentax dSLR cameras, I couldn't help but took a few of our Pentax buddies (thanks guys for posting for me ) at the coffee shop:

Last Saturday happened to be the Vesak Day, a day the Buddhists celebrate the Buddha’s birthday. There is no better place to take some candid photos other than Buddha Tooth Relic Temple in Chinatown, one of my favorite spots to take candid photos. Thanks to K1, my FA77 really came back to life:

Sorry about these pretty much same style photos. I just couldn't help but share them to you guys. The light condition inside the Temple is quite complicated, or I can say it's quite difficult. Thanks to K1, these photos came out pretty nice, better than I used to have with my previous cameras.

After snapping around the Temple, we did some street photos as usual. And Chinatown happens to be one of the better places for street photos too. I just love to take photos of street people, and I hope they don't mind me sharing these:

Chinatown is a tourist spot here in Singapore, there were a lot tourists on the day, and we all know nowadays most people take photos like these nowadays:

I'm sure some of their phone camera results would be better than these:

Of course us "Pros" should take photo like these

That's all for my come-back sharing. Hope you enjoy these photos. If not, well, I'll try to post more, and hopefully better ones in the future

Cheers and happy shooting!

05-24-2016, 08:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

back with a splash! very nice photos tfs :-)
05-24-2016, 08:47 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome back, Frank.
There's a great variety there - great faces.
05-24-2016, 09:03 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The 3 last photo displays a 135mm f/2.8 with a curiously misaligned front barrel.

05-24-2016, 09:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
The 3 last photo displays a 135mm f/2.8 with a curiously misaligned front barrel.
My guess is the hood isn't pulled out all the way.
05-24-2016, 09:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Someone needs the silver K-1 that doesn't exist...yet.
05-24-2016, 10:27 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Eight K-1 cameras in a single photo. I don't think that feat is likely to be repeated in the USA.

Are cosmetic contact lenses a big fashion trend in Singapore?

05-24-2016, 11:07 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Last Saturday I brought the K1 for a spin during our monthly Pentax outing (which has been going on since 2008!). Glad to meet up with old buddies and new friends as usual. And a lot K1s too (taken by my HTC phone):
Awesome! Looks like you guys have a great club. Singapore is a fantastic city for photography.
05-24-2016, 11:51 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Eight K-1 cameras in a single photo. I don't think that feat is likely to be repeated in the USA.

Are cosmetic contact lenses a big fashion trend in Singapore?
Yes. It is.
Have seen gals with eyes in green, blue etc,
https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=pictures+of+cosmetic+contact+lenses+singa...HVB5BosQsAQIPQ
05-25-2016, 12:01 AM   #10
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to hear from you again Frank. I recall with fond memories our catchup in your fine country. Thanks for sharing these images. Great community of Pentaxians there.
05-25-2016, 12:53 AM   #11

Amazed to see all the great photos produced by K1. Finally, the long wait is worth it. Thanks Frank for all the awesome photos. It makes me feel like grab it asap and start shooting. =)
05-25-2016, 02:49 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The FA135 is an internal focus lens so it couldn't be anything other than an incorrectly extended built-in hood..
05-25-2016, 02:55 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I thought so...
05-25-2016, 03:28 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was going to say the same thing
05-25-2016, 04:00 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
And a lot K1s too
Good heavens, that's a lot of K-1's in one place! It's a feast of full-frames!

That 135/2.8 looks familiar - it's a lot smaller on the K-1 than mine is on my K-5!