Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2016, 04:07 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Live View - is there a problem leaving it on a while

I've been using Live View on a KS-2 with manual lenses. But it takes a while to get focus on moving targets. Is there a problem leaving the camera in this mode for several minutes? I read somewhere about sensor overheat.

05-26-2016, 06:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Yes, but there is warning indication I believe. Also battery drain is higher. The best approach is to use LV to get focused then come out of it and use a remote control with mirror up to take the actual shots, especially if you are taking a sequence for different exposures. This assumes the camera is steady and the focus can remain fixed.

Otherwise, just have a spare battery and be aware of the temperature warning .... If it comes on then take a break from LV for a couple of minutes.
05-27-2016, 03:48 AM   #3
k22
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
Yes, but there is warning indication I believe. Also battery drain is higher. The best approach is to use LV to get focused then come out of it and use a remote control with mirror up to take the actual shots, especially if you are taking a sequence for different exposures. This assumes the camera is steady and the focus can remain fixed.

Otherwise, just have a spare battery and be aware of the temperature warning .... If it comes on then take a break from LV for a couple of minutes.
Thank you.