Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
odd wired remote signal failure, but NOT in liveview

Hello,

I'm testing a product that includes a wired remote shutter signal as part of the package. But, I have an odd bug. The first signal seems to act as a half shutter press on the camera, but the camera doesn't actually shoot a shot. It's possible to program in more than one signal, and the second signal seems to work provided the gap between it at the first signal is shorter than the time for the top lcd illumination to go off - seems to be ~ 5s.

Weird thing is if I set the camera on liveview it does work (ie the first signal doesn't just light up the top LCD, it also takes a shot) whereas if I don't have the cam on liveview it fails/bugs (tested on k7,k5). Does anyone have some input as to what might be going on here, or things I might be able to do to make it work properly?

Thanks

05-27-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This post on another thread may help as might the full discussion and graphics shared:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/321499-q...ml#post3649094

From the thread, "...the Pentax (and I think Canon, too.) pin-out for the sub-mini TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) plug is Sleeve - Common, Ring - Focus, and Tip - Shutter..."

Steve
05-28-2016, 02:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Steve, appreciated