Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How to avoid blowing highlights / what are your settings? (WG-4)

Hi all,

I bought a WG-4 recently and we are getting acquainted. One trend I am seeing is that many of the photos have blown highlights.

So ... I'm wondering if anyone has noticed the same. And I'm wondering what settings you typically use (both in general and also specific to the blown highlights).

Settings I changed (I think!):
PHOTO SETTINGS
Recorded pixels: 16M
Quality: *** (3 stars)
EV Comp: I've been trying to figure out how to set it to -0.7 and to have that setting "stick" but I haven't figured out the sticky part yet.
Face Detection: On. (I think default was actually Off)
Digital Zoom: Off
Green Button: (I haven't tweaked it yet, but would be happy to hear how others use it)
Sharpness: default ... have you tweaked yours?
IQ Enhancer: I just turned mine off after reading the WG-3 review on this site!

VIDEO SETTINGS
Enable Autofocus: I think default setting was off, which is strange. Turned mine On.

USER: Are you using the "user" feature? I'd like to know how you use yours.

07-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't believe the WG-4 has a memory menu, so the EV setting will most likely be lost after you turn the camera off. The best way to avoid blown highlights is to check your histogram and adjust the exposure as needed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: