Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2016, 07:27 AM   #1

With the Ricoh GR II, is it possible to take still pictures while shooting video?

I understand that I can’t just do this by pressing record during movie mode. I’m wondering if I can use the custom settings or the function buttons to do this.

I’m thinking of buying a GR II. This isn’t a make-or-break issue for me, but it’s something I’d like to know before buying a camera.

Obviously, it’s possible to extract a still from a video, but I’m assuming that that would be a low-quality still. I’m wondering if I can take full quality pictures in the middle of shooting video.

Thank you

06-30-2016, 02:30 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Recent Lumix 4K cameras will do it in what they call photomode.
See here A Review of the Panasonic Lumix LX100's 4K Photo Mode
Don't miss the point of the GR. It's one of the smallest APSC sensor cameras with great ergonomics which enables you to take high quality photos one handed with a gloriously sharp 28mm (35 eq) lens. It's a really fun camera. But you wouldn't buy it for video.
07-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you.

I might still buy the Ricoh, but this would be a point in favor of the RX100 or the G9 X.

I'm not buying a camera for video, but I expect to shoot video on occasion.