Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2014, 09:25 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
[HELP] Sigma DP Merrill Foveon modification - Chinese speaking member help needed

Crossposted from the International Chinise forum: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/140-cn/258548-help-chinese-speaking-membe...ml#post2787796
But perhaps it will be of interest to members who like Foveon.

I am looking for someone who can answer some doubts for me from these page:
EFM-∞.Leica M.Ur-
Where the seller is offering the chance to modify a DP Merrill camera to adapt other lenses.
I have doubts about how will the camera operate after the conversion. As it seems, it´s possible to have a sony E mount so I can adapt any other lens through an adapter. Including Pentax lenses of course...

In this thread the seller has writen a lot of information at the bottom of page 10 and continues on page 11:
X3??EFM-???????--SIGMA DPX???? - ?10? - ?????? - ?? X3 ?? ?? ?? ???? ?????? ?????? ???? ???? - Powered by Discuz!
But I can´t fully understand all the information about the Sigma DP Merrill conversion which is the one I am interested in.

Without going further, perhaps some chinese speaking fellow member can help me out with translation to clear some doubts. I also need help to contact this man but that is for later.

My idea is to have a Sony E mount because it is has the shortest register distance and so allows the most type of lenses to be converted. I´d like to mount the DA limiteds through this PK-NEX adapter that has aperture control: Amazon.com: Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter with Aperture Control, Pentax K Lens to Sony NEX E-Mount Camera: Camera & Photo

Last edited by carrrlangas; 04-23-2014 at 11:15 PM.
04-24-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A bump for you, I wish I could do more!
04-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
A bump for you, I wish I could do more!
Thanks mate, I thought I´d see more people excited about this. I did receive some feedback on DPR forums

Check out a working prototype (shutter speed limited to 1/500sec for now):
04-25-2014, 11:21 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what a beaut!

You may just try contacting him and asking your questions in English - you never know, he may speak it.