Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
Banned

Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro combines 16MP camera, OIS and QHD screen

QuoteQuote:
Photo enthusiasts will find the Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro a worthy buy as the camera features 16 megapixels on the rear with dual LED flash. The smartphone offers various shooting modes for different environment conditions like landscape, ultra night mode and real-time camera adjustments for contrast, ISO, focus and more. It also features anti lens distortion feature to capture perfect portraits. Other camera capabilities include 4K video recording and optical image stabilization.
Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro Is A G3 Challenger With QHD Display, Powerful Processor and More : News : Headlines & Global News

Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro Tour - YouTube

Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro combines 16MP camera, OIS and QHD screen: Connect

Lenovo is #1 in PC sales so it looks like they are shooting for #1 is smartphones.

The Vibe Z2 Pro camera combines a 16MP senor, OIS and a Dual-LED flash.

Last edited by jogiba; 08-27-2014 at 10:45 AM.
08-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, another PC maker pushing into the smartphone market - and camera market, I guess.
It should be interesting. The S5's camera is notably better than the S3, so we're seeing some evolution even in the mainstream.
08-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Oh, so that's why all the insecure camera-gear fetishists go on and on about "sensor size." No one has made a phone with a large sensor (not even Samsung, since the Galaxy cam can't place outgoing calls).
08-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Wow, another PC maker pushing into the smartphone market - and camera market, I guess.
It should be interesting. The S5's camera is notably better than the S3, so we're seeing some evolution even in the mainstream.
"Lenovo Group is on a fast track to become a major player in smartphones -- not just in China but also overseas, taking on Samsung Electronics and Apple.

Already the world's largest PC maker by shipments, the Chinese company has made big progress in smartphones. In the second quarter, Lenovo not only became the No. 1 smartphone maker in China, overtaking Samsung, but it was the No. 4 vendor by shipments world-wide, according to research firm IDC. Analysts predict Lenovo could become an even bigger player after it completes its acquisition of Google's Motorola Mobility handset unit, which it agreed to buy for US$2.91 billion earlier this year.

"Although China is still the most important market for our smartphone business, we think we have even more opportunities outside China," Chief Executive Yang Yuanqing said Thursday in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. "

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

08-28-2014, 05:20 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting, and I'd think certainly a more lucrative move than sticking with notebooks and tablets. I already use my smartphone for a lot of things I'd do at the computer just a few years ago. Keep pushing the specs, Lenovo!
08-28-2014, 05:41 AM   #6

I've been a lenovo fan for a while now, I'd like to see their phones get some traction too. My very basic, cheap, entry level thinkpad laptop has been a solid and dependable travel buddy!
08-28-2014, 06:39 AM   #7
Banned

Original Poster
Lenovo VIBE Z2 Pro - Pro Shooting in the Palm of Your Hand

With the ultra large 6" 2560x1440 display the images , 4K videos etc. should be easy to view.

Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro vs LG G3 vs Samsung Note 4

Last edited by jogiba; 08-28-2014 at 06:49 AM.
08-28-2014, 08:11 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No SD slot, on a phone aimed at photography? This seems something of a dubious decision - either provide a big memory capacity if the back can't be easily removed or provide the slot. I like the Galaxy series because I can carry spare batteries and swap easily, not done with iPhone or the LG metal bodies...
08-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #9
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
No SD slot, on a phone aimed at photography? This seems something of a dubious decision - either provide a big memory capacity if the back can't be easily removed or provide the slot. I like the Galaxy series because I can carry spare batteries and swap easily, not done with iPhone or the LG metal bodies...
I agree, it should have a mSDXC slot for up to 128GB capacity. My two year Verizon contract expires January 13 2015 so by then there might be better choices.