Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2014, 01:10 AM   #1

Pentax ME Super 'Sleeps In'

Hi,

My Pentax ME Super has developed a 'sleepy head'. After being out of use for several minutes (In my case is more or less 4 minutes) and then cocked the shutter won't fire, has to be re-cocked once or twice and then all is fine, until the next idle period.

Example: I advance one frame (cocked) and fire, I can do that over an over ... but if I not use the camera after the 3 or 4 minutes... I advance one frame but the shutter won't fire !! I have to advance one frame again to fire!

Any easy way to fix this ?
Thanks

09-16-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have two ME Supers with winder issues. It seems to be the weak point on that particular body. Fortunately, they are plentiful and inexpensive on eBay.
09-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #3

I have a Pentax MG with the same problem. I have found that the easiest solution is to just leave the camera wth the shutter cocked. You might get an occasional 'accidental' exposure but it saves a lot of frustration with blank frames.
09-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eric Hendrickson http://pentaxs.com is expert at rebuilding the shutter of the ME Super etc.

Chris

09-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
IHS

My ME Super will be the very first camera I send to Eric...The advance is frozen and the mirror sticks...Cheap garage sale find and the exterior is minty black but the guts need a good going through.