Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Zx-60

Is anyone still using the ZX-60? I would be interested in hearing about your experiences with it.

11-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have a ZX-60 and recently wrote a review on PF a few days ago. It's biggest draw is having Av mode to control FF capable DA lenses like the DA 35mm f/2.4. I like that it has AE-L but I don't see anything for EV compensation. The viewfinder is adequate but it doesn't display shutter speed or aperture settings. In broad daylight that's OK because you know the shutter speed will be fast enough. When it gets darker and you have slower speed film then you want to know when you're speed is down low. Having to pull away and look at the LCD is a bit of a pain.
11-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
The viewfinder is adequate but it doesn't display shutter speed or aperture settings
The MZ/ZX-50 includes Av, Tv and Auto modes and displays the info in the viewfinder, they're pretty cheap these days so it's probably one worth looking for. Snappy autofocus too.

Last edited by edmundrt; 11-26-2014 at 02:50 PM.
11-26-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
IHS

It's on my short list...I'm mainly interested to try it out for its MLU. Hopefully some others will chime in.

11-26-2014, 07:26 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for all the comments. so far it is looking good but I am sure there is a lot more to say about this late model film camera. It is so much closer to the digital age than my beloved old MX.
11-27-2014, 04:31 AM   #6

Personally I'd look for a Z-50P or even a Z-1P instead.

It can control the aperture from the body, has all the information shown in the viewfinder, and feels pretty solid. Price is probably about the same as the Zx-60.

If you don't need to be able to control FA-J and DA lenses then an SFX would be my favourite, it's a wonderful '80s brick with a huge viewfinder.
11-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dangermouse Quote
Personally I'd look for a Z-50P or even a Z-1P instead.

It can control the aperture from the body, has all the information shown in the viewfinder, and feels pretty solid. Price is probably about the same as the Zx-60.

If you don't need to be able to control FA-J and DA lenses then an SFX would be my favourite, it's a wonderful '80s brick with a huge viewfinder.
Thanks, but I already have the ZX-60 and am just considering using it for film instead my old, much used and loved, MX.