Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #1

Just received some older equipment.

First of all I would like to say hello I'm now to the forums and I hope this is posted in the correct place. My father just passed his older camera equipment onto me four m42 lenses and a k1000 with pentax adaptor. He had a Pentax SP I believe but it was damaged about a decade ago and at the time he could only find the k1000 as a replacement. He recently made the switch to digital and since i've been without a camera for many years he passed everything to me to either use or sell off in order to purchase a modern camera for myself.

I have a k1000 body with pentax k-m42 adaptor, a 1;4/50 and 1;2/50 prime lenses a 1;3.5/28 macro and 1;3.5/135 zoom lense, all lenses are Pentax lenses.

I've been searching the web looking for information in regards to using these lenses with a dslr however I don't see much point in spending big bucks of a body that will be stripped of features because of the lenses. But at the same time I have little interest in 35mm just due to the convenience of digital as a format. I suppose i'm reaching out to know if what I have is any good / of any value and what I could do with it to get back into photography as a hobby.

12-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those lenses can be used on modern DSLRs (any one of them, actually) with surprisingly few limitations. See this article:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/54-pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-me...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome Aboard. You've got a couple of rather nice primes among your lenses. You can learn more about how they are perceived by others on the Lens Review section of this forum.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/
12-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #4

Original Poster
Ah thank you I'll pop over there.

12-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to Pentax Forums!

Many folks here enjoy using older lenses on modern Pentax digital cameras (myself included). Although the lenses are not enabled for autofocus operation, their optics are generally very good (some are great) and they offer a very cost-effective way to add single-focal length lenses to one's digital kit.

Welcome again.

- Craig
12-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #6

Original Poster
I just wanted to say that I mis wrote one of those lenses, the second is a 1:2 55 I haven't been on the forum long enough to edit my post.
12-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stevetopia Quote
I just wanted to say that I mis wrote one of those lenses, the second is a 1:2 55 I haven't been on the forum long enough to edit my post.
Even better