Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #1

Did I just kill an LX?

Hi, I've never handled an LX. One day I saw one at a huge camera fair going on. I picked it up, pulled the film advance and triggered the shutter. It was cool. I then advanced the film again. On the second time, the film advance lever got stuck at maximum stroke and the shutter could not trip because the stroke was incomplete. The film advance lever was then loose, moves around but it can't do anything.

Did I kill the LX or there's something I missed?

03-05-2015, 12:20 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe there is film in the camera and you reached the end of the roll with only a partial wind. You can't finish the wind because the film can't move any more. You could try to push on the rewind while trying to wind. If you are able to finish winding it is because it is the end of a roll. Don't fire the shutter with a roll of pictures because it will give you a overlapping picture at the end of the roll.
03-05-2015, 03:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
Maybe there is film in the camera and you reached the end of the roll with only a partial wind. You can't finish the wind because the film can't move any more. You could try to push on the rewind while trying to wind. If you are able to finish winding it is because it is the end of a roll. Don't fire the shutter with a roll of pictures because it will give you a overlapping picture at the end of the roll.
Haha, that's the right explanation. If the end of roll is reached, the shutter will not work.
03-05-2015, 03:36 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
1. check the battery. Replace the battery with a new set if battery is running out.
2. check if there is any film loaded and if you have set the shutter speed to Automatic. It was said that Automatic shutter wont work properly unless film is loaded.
3. open back cover and check if shutter curtain is stuck. This should not happen to a LX, but I did encounter this on an ME super.