Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2016, 11:07 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
*ist Strap connector?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I bought an *ist on Ebay, and it arrived without the thing that connects the strap to the camera on the right-hand side. I'm not sure what this connector is -- looking at some photos online, it seems to be the same metal triangular piece with a little leatherette(?) cushioning piece that has been on almost every SLR I have ever seen. Can someone confirm this?

09-25-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

That's correct. Like these: GRIMM D-SLR RF Mirrorless Camera Strap Lug Ring&Leather Cover Set (Black/1 Pair) | eBay
09-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You can use almost anything. A small keyring works.
The leather bit only protects the camera finish.

If you really want the triangular bit bid on almost any Pentax film camera on Ebay.

aoeu
09-25-2016, 08:32 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aoeu Quote
If you really want the triangular bit bid on almost any Pentax film camera on Ebay.
I'm wondering if that is maybe kind of what happened with this *ist! Because there doesn't seem to be any real reason for it to not have that bit, unless someone took it for another camera.

09-25-2016, 11:37 PM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I took them off my K-5. For years, I shot without a strap, and it can be annoying to have those little strap rings jiggling around on the camera (worse still if you leave the leather covers on too). I've seen many cameras with them removed
09-26-2016, 01:02 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The camera came with the strap attached on the other side, but not the side in question. I guess it could have been added back on before selling it.