Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #1

Pentax mx jammed advanced lever

Hey everyone,
Hope you can help me on this: I have a pentax MX that recently broke, the advance lever simply won't advance! I tried opening it up to see what the problem was, but everything is so stuck I didn't want to cause other problems. Here are some pictures of the camera bottom, hope some of you can help me!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
01-19-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Someone else posted a similar thread recently. I think, in their case, it related to a stripped gear. Do all your camera's gears seem intact?
01-20-2017, 02:32 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/205315-penta...k-shutter.html

I'm hoping that you already removed the slow speed escapement yourself...

---------- Post added 01-19-17 at 01:51 PM ----------

Also, here's how the gearing at the top is supposed to look:
Of course I removed it myself. After removing it I noticed that a some of the gears were not where they were supposed to be. So should I check the top as well?
01-20-2017, 02:33 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Someone else posted a similar thread recently. I think, in their case, it related to a stripped gear. Do all your camera's gears seem intact?
Couldn't find it, could you redirect me?

01-20-2017, 03:12 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by naomimorello Quote
Couldn't find it, could you redirect me?
Sorry, I've not found it either.

Failing which, you could consult with Eric. See thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/105296-penta...ickson-28.html
03-04-2018, 02:11 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by naomimorello Quote
Hey everyone,
Hope you can help me on this: I have a pentax MX that recently broke, the advance lever simply won't advance! I tried opening it up to see what the problem was, but everything is so stuck I didn't want to cause other problems. Here are some pictures of the camera bottom, hope some of you can help me!
Was wondering you got your MX repaired, mine has a jammed advance lever, hope you can help