Posted By: innivus, 01-01-2014, 12:43 PM

Check it out: MX-1

Pentax MX1 Digial Camera - Silver 12633

Views: 5,447
01-12-2014, 03:30 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote

You know you can unsubscribe (as well as subscribe), at the bottom of any web page.......
Yes, I know, thank you. Someone was curious as to how I had come up with such a deal...

01-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #32

Photos: Albums
Looking at the images of the camera, I don't see any with the telephoto retracted. I'm wondering about the bulkiness of the camera--Is it a "shirt pocket" camera like the GR, or something a bit bigger?
01-15-2014, 05:43 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Piscator Quote
Looking at the images of the camera, I don't see any with the telephoto retracted. I'm wondering about the bulkiness of the camera--Is it a "shirt pocket" camera like the GR, or something a bit bigger?
https://www.google.com/search?q=pentax+mx-1&espv=210&es_sm=122&source=lnms&t...=1920&bih=1075
01-15-2014, 06:54 AM   #34
Veteran Member

You can check the specifications for both cameras here:
Pentax Cameras - DSLR Reviews and Comparisons

Yes, the MX-1 is quite chunk and thicker than the WG-3 for example, so I would not consider this to be a shirt pocket camera by any means. OK for maybe loose cargo pants.

01-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #35
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
You can check the specifications for both cameras here:
Pentax Cameras - DSLR Reviews and Comparisons

Yes, the MX-1 is quite chunk and thicker than the WG-3 for example, so I would not consider this to be a shirt pocket camera by any means. OK for maybe loose cargo pants.
It works fine in a winter coat/jacket pocket, but certainly not a shirt or jean pocket IMO (when turned off).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
first pic

Someone mentioned DxO with the MX-1. Here is a .JPG with lens set at wide angle, f/1.8, Auto ISO processed with DxO 9 (Standard preset). It is a clip from the lower left corner of the Pentax Service Page propped-up on top of a newspaper using 5000K lights. The Before pic does show distortion and some color fringing just as numerous reviews have mentioned. The software cleans it up very nicely. Not perfect but very usable and easy.

The camera itself had a moderate sized fingerprint on the LCD and the box looked like it was opened once. But the first picture is confirmed by the PF shutter-count web page as being the first picture taken with it. So far, everything looks OK. Have not taken any RAW pics yet.

Last edited by goldenarrow; 07-09-2017 at 09:30 PM.