Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ozzies - 15% off everything at Camerastore.com.au until midnight Tuesday
Posted By: RobG, 10-25-2014, 10:19 PM

Pentax K | CameraStore.com.au

The 15% discount would actually make the price for the K3 body only similar to the price in the USA (AUD$1049.75). It may be worth checking other things like lenses.
Views: 1,669
10-25-2014, 11:14 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
They need to take more than 15% off to match dcxpert for lenses
10-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
They need to take more than 15% off to match dcxpert for lenses
Or even CRK. Strange. Anyway, the K3 price is definitely cheaper than CRK and a bit cheaper than dcxpert.
10-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Tempting but I've waited this long to upgrade, I can wait until Black Friday.

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Pentax K | CameraStore.com.au

The 15% discount would actually make the price for the K3 body only similar to the price in the USA (AUD$1049.75). It may be worth checking other things like lenses.
Except the USA prices include a battery grip at that price.

10-26-2014, 03:11 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
Tempting but I've waited this long to upgrade, I can wait until Black Friday.
I was going to do the same, but I figured it didn't do any harm to let people know about the discount.

QuoteQuote:
Except the USA prices include a battery grip at that price.
Not by the time you pay for the shipping and GST. Plus you get a camera with a US warranty rather than an Australian one. To really compare, I just loaded up the K-3 in a cart with Adorama, with the free grip. With shipping it is US$980.75, or AUD$1114.49. If I get the K-3 at the 15% discount and a grip from dcxpert, it's about AUD$1279. That's a difference of $165 which is significant. I guess it depends on how much the local warranty is worth. Personally I'm not that excited about buying the battery grip, so for me it's a comparison of AUD$1050 vs AUD$1114. I'm hoping that CRK can offer some more competitive pricing in the next month. Personally I prefer to have a local warranty on the camera body.
10-26-2014, 05:15 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I was going to do the same, but I figured it didn't do any harm to let people know about the discount.

Not by the time you pay for the shipping and GST. Plus you get a camera with a US warranty rather than an Australian one. To really compare, I just loaded up the K-3 in a cart with Adorama, with the free grip. With shipping it is US$980.75, or AUD$1114.49. If I get the K-3 at the 15% discount and a grip from dcxpert, it's about AUD$1279. That's a difference of $165 which is significant. I guess it depends on how much the local warranty is worth. Personally I'm not that excited about buying the battery grip, so for me it's a comparison of AUD$1050 vs AUD$1114. I'm hoping that CRK can offer some more competitive pricing in the next month. Personally I prefer to have a local warranty on the camera body.
My fingers are crossed that a) the Australian dollar recovers and/or the US prices falls enough so that it scraps in below the A$1000 GST threshold; b) CRK sharpen their pencil.
10-26-2014, 05:21 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
My fingers are crossed that a) the Australian dollar recovers and/or the US prices falls enough so that it scraps in below the A$1000 GST threshold; b) CRK sharpen their pencil.
Goof point - I forgot to add GST, so the price from the USA becomes about $1225.94. Much less difference.

10-27-2014, 05:04 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Trust me after the fun I had with my k-50 get local warranty I had enough trouble with local warranty hate to think of the fun you would have without it.