Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Pentax Web Shop (Australia) offer to match Black Friday deals
Posted By: PJ1, 11-27-2014, 05:54 PM

I contacted Pentax (Australia) about current pricing in comparison with the Black Friday prices offered by the Pentax Web Store (US). Here are my questions and the response:

Subject: Current US Pentax Web Store pricing Some of the prices offered by the US Pentax Web Store at the moment are way below the current prices of the Australian Pentax Web Shop. For example K-3 body $764.15 (about AUD$899 on current exchange rates), K-50 body $399.95 (black) and $299.95 (white and red) (about AUD$470 and $350 respectively). There are also very good lens deals.
I have two questions: 1 I know about the "Black Friday" sales in the US and how this pricing may relate to that (although it seems to extend to retailers in Canada and Europe at the moment). Is Pentax Australia likely to do anything similar over the Christmas season?
2 I have read the information on Parallel and Grey Imports. Does Pentax Australia honour warranties on items bought from the Pentax Web Store (US)?

The reply (from Clem Kennedy):

We will match any Black Friday offers, within the same time frame offered.
Please send me the link to the deal you wish to purchase.
Also, warranty on US purchases will not be valid.

I am emailing the link to the K-3 price. This looks like a very good offer.
Views: 1,096
11-27-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Could you please PM me the email address that Clem used to send the price match offer?
12-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
Could you please PM me the email address that Clem used to send the price match offer?
Anyone tried the same approach this year?
12-01-2015, 10:15 PM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I can't find an email address but I contacted them through the "Contact us" option on the "Pentax Web Shop" site. While I was told they would price match the Black Friday offers, within hours there was a "15% off today only" advised to the C R Kennedy mailing list. I took that option as it was easier and probably cheaper in the long run. But that was in 2014. I didn't see anything from CRK this year.