Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photoshop Elements 13: $44.95 (55% off)
Posted By: Adam, 05-04-2015, 03:00 PM

Massive instant savings on the latest version of Photoshop Elements are live for the next 6 hours via the B&H DealZone:

Photoshop Elements 13 - B&H DealZone - 55% Off

Views: 1,240
05-04-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
Just bought it -- thanks! And I actually remembered to use our link, too.
05-04-2015, 03:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

For info, when you add the item to the cart:

'NOTE: This item is only available to customers using a US billing address at registration.'
05-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #4
Closed Account

Yep, saw that, too. Good point for our international members.

05-04-2015, 04:39 PM   #5

Thanks Adam,
I also bought one.What is the different in this Photoshop Elements13 to The Regular Photoshop ?.It will be my first time with this sofeware.
Thank you,
steve
05-04-2015, 05:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Darn. I just bought it Saturday.
05-04-2015, 07:24 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I just bought one too. I've been waiting for sale like this.

05-05-2015, 05:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

If there weren't so much ebay spam here on the Marketplace, I might have actually seen this posting.

What is going on with that anyhow? PF should get some commissions from anyone who buys off an ebay link. On second thought, that would just make the Marketplace into another electronic billboard for ebay junk.

I think that if I want to look for moldy lenses on Ebay or Craigslist, it is really, really easy to do it myself.
05-05-2015, 05:27 AM   #9
Closed Account

I find the listings to be helpful and interesting. Ive picked up a couple lenses from those listings.
05-05-2015, 05:48 AM   #10
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
If there weren't so much ebay spam here on the Marketplace, I might have actually seen this posting.

What is going on with that anyhow? PF should get some commissions from anyone who buys off an ebay link. On second thought, that would just make the Marketplace into another electronic billboard for ebay junk.

I think that if I want to look for moldy lenses on Ebay or Craigslist, it is really, really easy to do it myself.

Yes.. plus there is also the potential for sellers to self promote their own ebay listings here as well as a great deal they just found...
05-05-2015, 06:03 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I bought it last night with the offer, before dashing off to a meeting.

Elements 10 and beyond offer Layering capabilities. Why they did not put it into Light Room, which would make more sense, I don't know.

05-05-2015, 06:22 PM   #12
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I bought it last night with the offer, before dashing off to a meeting.

Elements 10 and beyond offer Layering capabilities. Why they did not put it into Light Room, which would make more sense, I don't know.

I once thought so too. But on further thought figured it wouldn't actually. Lightroom isn't equipped for all that layering has to offer - layering is designed for Photoshop's interface. Think about the numerous tools and the structure of layering. Lightroom is essentially a cataloging system and ACR cooked into an interface.

One wouldn't be able to interact with the layers as well as in a single image structured system without all of the tools in photoshop. Unless you bake Photoshop into Lightroom. And that kills an entire application, development and support team, and profits. Lots of profits. Not to mention it would be incredibly kludgey.

But you can link PSE in LR and fire that to open your TIFFs for further processing (that is, INSIDE lightroom). I do that all of the time and it works fairly seamlessly. After saving in PSE, your TIFF will auto update in LR.
05-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
plus there is also the potential for sellers to self promote their own ebay listings here as well as a great deal they just found...
That is a misconception. Any ebay ad found to belong to a member is deleted. You may not post your own listings in the price watch section, nor may you post your own ebay listing in your marketplace.
QuoteQuote:
You may only place links to your own off-site (eBay, Craig's list, etc.) auctions/sales after the item has been listed in the Marketplace for at least one weekin the Marketplace for at least one week
05-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Lightroom isn't equipped for all that layering has to offer - layering is designed for Photoshop's interface.
Capture One Pro does layering, so it's not necessarily something that needs to be absent from a RAW processor ...
05-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
For info, when you add the item to the cart:

'NOTE: This item is only available to customers using a US billing address at registration.'

Photographic hardware is more expensive where I am, photographic software is more expensive.
What do these companies have against people who don`t live in the U.S.?