Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Too good to be true, I think... 645z deal of the ...
Posted By: LightBug, 10-09-2015, 08:46 PM

New PENTAX 645Z Camera Lens Kit w/D FA645 55mm f2.8 WR Lens - Japan 95
Views: 1,350
10-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like a scam...if it's not local, it's a scam IMO!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-09-2015, 10:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The ad says they only accept PayPal payments, I think it will be pretty hard to scam PayPal with their liberal buyer protection program - but the price does look really too good to be true.
10-10-2015, 12:10 AM   #4

i found a used one for 2700 usd with 10000 shots.. well i bought it over ebay and in the end the seller was unreachable. Anyway since the seller didnt contacted me back i never performed the payment and gave a negativ note. And the seller had actually 120 positive reviews..

10-10-2015, 12:20 AM   #5
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
The ad says they only accept PayPal payments, I think it will be pretty hard to scam PayPal with their liberal buyer protection program - but the price does look really too good to be true.
In the tips section of CL it actually says to avoid payment over paypal as one of their scam countermeasures.. so it is possible...

CL is really best for direct, person to person transactions.. where you see the merchandise in person. I'd be super leery about cross country (or international in this case) shipment of goods via CL ads..
10-10-2015, 12:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Not so hard as you may think. The buyer doesn't know if the "seller's" bank account is in Japan, Sudan, Russia, or their neighbor's kid's basement. And neither does PayPal. The time between payment and "wow, I wonder where my Z is. It's really taking a long time to get here," is long enough that the seller can empty and close their account and disappear, and that would be appealing to a scammer who can "sell" 10 or 20 of them in a week, perhaps, to people all around the world..
10-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

@K David,

I see what you mean - take a quick tens of thousands of dollars and disappear.

10-10-2015, 07:41 PM   #8
Veteran Member

All the images are stock images. Ask them for a photo of the camera sitting on today's newspaper.