Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2016, 03:10 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-1 IN STOCK at Adorama

The Pentax K-1 is currently listed as in stock at Adorama. If you want one and didn't pre-order, I'd hurry as I'm sure they'll be gone soon!

Pentax K-1 DSLR Camera Body 19568

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-04-2016, 06:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The Pentax K-1 is currently listed as in stock at Adorama. If you want one and didn't pre-order, I'd hurry as I'm sure they'll be gone soon!

Pentax K-1 DSLR Camera Body 19568
very attempting...
05-04-2016, 06:48 PM - 2 Likes   #3
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
very attempting...
do or do not there is no attempting
05-04-2016, 07:24 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
do or do not there is no attempting
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
very attempting...
Order a K-1 you must! Still in stock it should not be.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-05-2016, 04:34 AM   #5
Forum Member

Ordered! Thanks for the heads up.

edit: It was mis-listed. I ordered as soon as I saw that it said 'in stock and ships immediately' and they just sent me a 'backordered, 10-20 days' update.

This is the second time I've canceled an existing order for a vendor that promised stock, only to find out that they'd oversold.

Swear to God.

Last edited by kvetcha; 05-05-2016 at 06:39 AM.
05-05-2016, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #6
Forum Member

Note that their site STILL lists the K-1 as in stock and ready to ship.
05-05-2016, 08:02 AM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kvetcha Quote

edit: It was mis-listed. I ordered as soon as I saw that it said 'in stock and ships immediately' and they just sent me a 'backordered, 10-20 days' update.

This is the second time I've canceled an existing order for a vendor that promised stock, only to find out that they'd oversold.

Swear to God.
I feel that there are a few of us that will have gotten the short end of the stick for this launch (life wouldnt be life without it). I'm just glad I didn't go through with selling my K-3 a couple weeks ago.

05-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ShiftR Quote
I feel that there are a few of us that will have gotten the short end of the stick for this launch (life wouldnt be life without it). I'm just glad I didn't go through with selling my K-3 a couple weeks ago.
Yeah, I still have my K-5 (and a K10D!), I just hate feeling like I'm being jerked around. Oh well.

Should learn to appreciate what I've got, perhaps.
05-05-2016, 08:34 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Ouch! At least the web site reflects this now. Otherwise it would have been unacceptable

Adam

05-05-2016, 09:07 AM   #10

Swear to God.
After not getting any solid info from Amazon, I went to Adorama and saw it still showed in stock. A chat person came on line and said she could confirm that they had at least 50 in stock. I went almost through the order process and stopped to cancel my order with Amazon. There they said my order was being processed and could not guarantee cancellation. I checked with the bank first and found a pending transfer, he gave me a direct support number for Amazon.

For some reason I still have not gotten the email or tracking number, but my account now says it will be here by Friday evening. Before I said this was fun following the conversations, but almost wish I would have just waited for Amazon instead of being preoccupied with all this. It would have been nicer if Amazon would have kept me better informed, but here I see others have gave promises to make people feel better at the time, but later were disappointed.

So glad I did not switch to Adorama this time.
05-05-2016, 09:13 AM   #11
Forum Member

I agree, if I'd just stuck with my initial order it would probably be in the mail by now.
05-05-2016, 09:16 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Note that their site STILL lists the K-1 as in stock and ready to ship.
weird... I chat with them and they said if I order now they ship out tomorrow. I wanted to ask about the special offer, and then get disconnected.

that was yesterday night.
05-05-2016, 10:09 AM   #13
Veteran Member

So I got on the phone with B&H this morning and the rep told me that they K-1 I had preorderd on 4/11/16 would be shipping out on 6/1/16.
So I canceled the order and placed an order with Adorama because they were in "stock and ready to ship" only to notified a couple hours later that they were out of stock. Oh well I'll just have to cancel that order too and wait until they have a full supply of them so I won't have to go through these headaches again.
05-05-2016, 04:24 PM   #14
Pentaxian

If the price is too good to be true look for the s (K-s1 danger!)
05-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #15

Not sure what is going on with my order. Last night I canceled my late April B&H pre order and ordered one from Adorama when it was still listed as being in stock. Finally got an email this evening with a shipment notice but even though my address is correct it has a different order number and the View Shipment Details button goes to the Adorama website which says the order does not exist. My credit card company says the charge is still pending. I have sent an email to customer service since I dislike talking to reps on the phone. We shall see...